- First name
- Last name
- Public Health Research Society Nepal (PHRSN)
- Author Profile
Masters in Public Health (MPH), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), Bangalore, India – 2014. thesis entitled “Assessing health education techniques in enhancing the knowledge of HIV/AIDS among adolescents" (University Ranking)
Diploma in Global Health (DGH), Global Health Unit, National Center for Health Professions Education (NCHPE), IOM, Kathmandu 2015
Bachelors in Public Health (BPH), Purbanchal University, Little Buddha College of Health Science, Mitrapark, Chabahil, Nepal. - 2011. thesis entitled "Knowledge and Practices of Menstrual Hygiene among Adolescent Girls in Kathmandu valley "
Intermediate in Science (+2 Science), Higher Secondary Education Board (HSEB) National Integrated College (NIC), Dillibazar, Kathmandu, Nepal –2008
School Leaving Certificate (SLC), His Majesty Government (HMG), Shree Siddhartha Secondary School, Hansapur, Arghakhanchi, Nepal- 2005
List of selected Reports /Consultancies
1. Principal Investigator, Story of Earthquake and Safety Measures with respect to economic, social and cultural rights (ESCRs) and the internet in Nepal supported by GIS watch, June to December 2016 (Report submitted)
2. Consultant and Rapporteur, Clinical Refresher Training for Supporting the Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) on Clinical Management on Rape and Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA) for service provider, FPAN, IAWG, May 2016
3. Consultant and Rapporteur Orientation on the Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) for Reproductive health in Crisis in FPAN donated by IPPF and SEARO, May 2016
4. Technical Expert, Advocacy Manual Tool kits for health coordinator and health management committee on Maternal and Child health, Rotary Club International, June, 2015
5. Consultant, Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance (IBBS) Surveys among Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgender in Kathmandu Valley 2015
6. Consultant, Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance (IBBS) Surveys among People who injecting drugs (PWID) in Eastern Terai region of Nepal 2015
7. Team Leader, Public Opinion and Compliance Survey on Tobacco Control and Legislations in Nepal -2015. NHEICC
8. Sub Consultant, Baseline Survey of Strengthening Flood Resilience in Kankai River Basin in Nepal: E2E Early Warning; Practical Action South Asia Regional Office 2015
9. Sub Consultant, Survey of Developing Community Resilience in Nepal (RINA Project): Volunteer Survey; Nepal red cross society 2015
10. Team member, SNV Nepal, Baseline study of Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) project, a national WASH survey in 15 districts of Nepal (Mobile based survey), 2014
11. Team member, Splash/ACR Nepal, Baseline survey of School Drinking Water and Sanitation Survey (Mobile based survey of public schools in Kathmandu Valley), a mobile based survey using Akvoflow, 2014
12. Consultant, Meeting with parliamentarians on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), AFPPD September 2014
13. Consultant, Exit Client Interview survey 2014, AFPPD, Family Planning Association of Nepal (FPAN)
1. Position: Executive Director
From – To: 2015 Sep 01- Till Now
Name & Address of Employer: Public Health Research Society Nepal, Chabahil, Kathmandu.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities: Job responsibilities include
Develop Research proposals and tools
Contribute as a focal point for relevant Research communication
Lead on further advancement and institutionalization
Standard robust monitoring and evaluation system in the organization
Contribute developing linkages with national and international agencies
Research methods in quantitative, qualitative and mix methods, including health policy and systems research
management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using different software
Doing overall of research program administration procedures, planning, monitoring, budgeting, and report writing
2. Position Title: Visiting lecturer of Public Health
From – To: 2014 June 01 - till now
Name & Address of Employer: Colleges affiliated to Tribhuvan University, Purwanchal University and Pokhara University in Nepal
Brief description of duties and responsibilities: Job responsibilities include preparing Lesson plan, Imparting knowledge, Presentation, field visit and Examination for Bachelor and Masters level Public Health, Pharmacy, Nursing students
[Note: Successfully serves the position to develop Micro syllabus curriculum of Public Health in Purwanchal University Curriculum).
3. Position: Senior Program Coordinator
From – To: 2014 June 01- 2015 June 30
Name & Address of Employer: Shakti Milan Samaj (SMS), Dhumbaharai, 04, Kathmandu
Brief description of duties and responsibilities: Job responsibilities include Coordination with stakeholders, development, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of all projects undertaken by SMS
(Note: Worked as the Officer Head with supervising more than dozen of staffs and 130 PLHIV members)
4. Position Title: Assistant Research Officer
From – To: 2011 Dec 01- 2012 Feb 01
Name & Title of Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Chop Lal Bhusal
Name & Address of Employer: Nepal Health Research Council, Ramshapath Kathmandu.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities: Job responsibilities include preparing drafts for research proposal, imparting training to enumerators, developing sampling frame and sampling, designing research instruments (quantitative and qualitative), monitoring fieldwork, Manage/analyze data (Univariate, Bivariate and Multivariate), and report writing.
5. Position Title: Field Researcher/ Enumerator/ District Supervisor
From – To: 2011 Sep to 01- 2012 Oct
Name & Title of Supervisor: Dr. Sushil Chandra Baral
Name & Address of Employer: Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD).
Brief description of duties and responsibilities: Job responsibilities include preparing drafts for research proposal, Pre-testing, Coordinating, Data editing, Data coding, Data entry, Software work, Monitoring fieldwork, Manage/analyze data.
Following are the some programs.
1. “Household Survey 2012” (August- October, 2012)
2. Rapid Assessment of Demand Side Financing Schemes: Aama Surakshy Karykram and 4 ANC (FHD/NHSSP/HERD) in Sankhuwasbha District. (May 04- 28 ,2012)
3. Worked as for Cross Border Migration TB control Programme in Rupandehi District. (April 10- 28, 2012)
4. Situation Analysis of TB HIV collaboration in Argakhanchi and Bardiya district. (Feb 01-21, 2012)
5. “Risk factors of multi drug resistant Tuberculosis: A case control study at selected DOTS plus clinics in Nepal” (Sep 26-Oct 25, 2011)
BEST PRESENTATION AWARD during the International Course in Nutrition Research Methods from 12th Jan-23rd Jan, 2015 at St. John’s Research Institute, Bangalore, India
Under graduated (UG) research grant award by NHRC with Representative of MoF, NPC, MoHP, CRC IOM, Chairman, and NMC
Letters of reward and medals on Annual Sports Week 2013, 2014 from Padmashree Group of Institution for securing 1st position in volleyball.